Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA (MZB-USA) is owned by global coffee
leader Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group (MZB Group) in Treviso, Italy.
Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA at a Glance
HQ: Suffolk, Virginia. Sales, Marketing, Customer Service & Main
Distribution Center: Portsmouth, Virginia. Coffee Away From Home
Center for Excellence & Roasting Facility: Moonachie, New Jersey.
3,100-acre coffee estate: Kauai Coffee Company, Kauai, Hawaii.
• One of the largest producers of private brand coffees in the U.S.
• Retail brands include Chock full o’Nuts, Kauai Coffee, MJB, Chase &
Sanborn, Hills Bros. Coffee and Hills Bros. Cappuccino.
• MZB-USA Away From Home division includes global brands
Segafredo Zanetti coffee and espresso, and Brodies Scottish Teas.
• Produces a wide range of coffees for some of the nation’s biggest
retailers, convenience stores and quick-serve chains.
• 2005: Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group purchases Sara Lee’s
coffee roasting facility in Suffolk, Virginia and forms its North American
headquarters — Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA.
• 2011: Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA purchases Kauai Coffee
Company, making the company fully integrated from farm to cup.
• 2012: Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA purchases Sara Lee’s
foodservice coffee roasting facility in Moonachie, New Jersey.
• On Earth Day 2016, MZB-USA launched the world’s first 100%
compostable single-serve coffee pods, PURPOD100, which are
certified by the Biodegradable Products Institute.
• In 2017, MZB-USA partnered with JavaCycle to divert coffee chaff
waste from landfills — repurposing the castoff byproduct from the
coffee roasting process into garden fertilizer.
• In April 2017, MZB-USA received the Governor’s Environmental
Excellence award for significant achievements in sustainable
manufacturing practices and leadership within the CPG sector from
the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality.
Sustainable Farming Practices/Corporate Social Responsibility
• MZB-USA is at the forefront of addressing the waste issue
associated with single-serve coffee, engaging consumers about the
benefits of coffee composting and working with municipalities to open
more facilities nationwide.
• The Kauai Coffee Company leads in water conservation by recycling
and reusing water in three stages of the production process: hydroelectricity for the entire operation; wet milling; and drip irrigation.
• MZB Group and MZB-USA are devoted to all aspects of Corporate
Social Responsibility, including promoting safe and fair farming
practices around the globe.
Safe for Over
TOTAL Nevastane Food Grade lubricants are used
worldwide for maximum quality, safety and assurance.
When you need the most reliable production in food
processing and manufacturing, call your local TOTAL
sales representative at 800-323-3198 or visit